Friday, August 16, 2013

iPhone Pictures That Will Blow You Away

Alaska, 2006. Digital camera
In 2006 I was lucky enough to earn a grant to Alaska in order to create a unit for my 4th grade class the next fall. I remember borrowing my wife's new digital camera, which was top of the line, small, and lightweight. I was amazed at the crispness and quality of the pictures. My father, who joined me on the trip, used a disposable camera, which he thought was the pinnacle of technological advancement at the time: "This is great! I just take it to Rite Aid, hand it over, and pick up my pictures. It can't get any easier."

Well....6 months later the iPhone was introduced. Today, smartphones take incredibly detailed photographs and put my wife's digital camera from 2006 to shame. Which brings me to my point.

While reading through my Twitter feed, I came across a post on the iPPA (iPhone Photography Awards) from the blog SLR Lounge and had to share it. It brings to mind, once again, how far the technology has come in such a short time. Here is one to whet your appetite:




No comments:

Post a Comment